![]() |
| Experience in English language |
How to start learning English correctly without wasting time.
AS we all know, English is one of the most important languages in the world. We can not live without it. Everything you need is related to English such as medicine, industry, engineering, science, technology...etc.Furthermore, if you want to get a good job, or you seek promotion. Therefore, whether or not you want to learn English, you need it. What are you waiting for? I know that you are motivated now. you say that I will start now, but wait for a second! Do you know which way you will take or how you will learn it? Before I learnt English, I had asked myself the same questions. I could not find anyone to give me the answer, but you are lucky I am here to give you the answer to this. Let's start our journey.
If you want to do anything whether you like it or not, do it for a reason. You must have a reason for everything in your life. You must know why you need to do that. Therefore, if you desire to learn English, you have to ask yourself why.you have to determine if you need it for a job, business, promotion, education or just for passion. Do not be deceived by institutes, or organization which announce ''Learn English in 3 months ''. They announce that regardless whether they know your purpose or not. The only thing they care about is your money. Your purpose determines your needs. For example, If you wanted it for business, you would need to learn vocabulary related to business, human resources, public relations ....etc.Furthermore, you are required to know specific topics like business e-mail, how to write a CV, how to write covering letter, how to give a presentation in English...etc.Consequently, you will work on your needs. My purpose was to teach English. I started to set my goals according to that. I started improving my four skills according to that. I concerned about academic courses like literature, linguistics, phonetics...etc.In contrast, if someone wanted to learn about business, he would waste his time and would not benefit form anything.
2) Set your smart goal.
If you want to achieve anything, it must be a smart goal.It is not my topic to talk about it,but I am going to summarize it according to my own experience in learning English.Smart goal must be specific.As we said above,determine your purpose.It must be logical.For example,do not say that I want to study all sides of general English and academic English within one month . as a result,You would not achieve it ,so you would get frustrated.Realize your abilities and potential,and work depending on them.Third,It must be planned.For example,if you work on a book, organize your scheduled.You must know when you will reach your goal .
If you follow these steps ,that means you know what you exactly need such as time of learning and type of learning.
3) Test yourself
Before you start, you have to test your strengths and weakness points. why should you do that? If there was a person who is very good at writing, what would he benefit from learning it? The answer is nothing. He would waste his time. If you are bad at speaking, you have to work your weakness point. Therefore, determining your strengths and weak points will help you get advanced quickly.
4)Start !
Do not waste your time saying I will start tomorrow. Procrastination is your enemy. Start from now. Choose your material and your teacher carefully. Your teacher must know what you exactly need. Depend on yourself in learning; you will see your teacher about 6 hours a weak. That means you still have 162 hours. I know that a lot of learners work, and do not have much time, but I know you can save at least 30 minutes. The more time spent in learning, the more advanced you will get, but 30 minutes a day are enough if you are so busy.
5) Do not hesitate
If you determined your teacher, material, course, strengths and weakness points, purpose and your goal, never come back. Do not destruct yourself with many materials and teachers. When you start material, do not use another material until you finish the first because you will not finish both materials, so you will waste your time, and feel that you have not accomplished anything. you can check many materials, but when you find something which fits you, stick to it.
In conclusion,English is not difficult.Follow these steps when you start learning English,determine your purpose .set your goal according to your purpose.make a plan,and be logical.Do not hesitate and start from now.
1) Determine your purpose.
If you want to do anything whether you like it or not, do it for a reason. You must have a reason for everything in your life. You must know why you need to do that. Therefore, if you desire to learn English, you have to ask yourself why.you have to determine if you need it for a job, business, promotion, education or just for passion. Do not be deceived by institutes, or organization which announce ''Learn English in 3 months ''. They announce that regardless whether they know your purpose or not. The only thing they care about is your money. Your purpose determines your needs. For example, If you wanted it for business, you would need to learn vocabulary related to business, human resources, public relations ....etc.Furthermore, you are required to know specific topics like business e-mail, how to write a CV, how to write covering letter, how to give a presentation in English...etc.Consequently, you will work on your needs. My purpose was to teach English. I started to set my goals according to that. I started improving my four skills according to that. I concerned about academic courses like literature, linguistics, phonetics...etc.In contrast, if someone wanted to learn about business, he would waste his time and would not benefit form anything.
2) Set your smart goal.
If you want to achieve anything, it must be a smart goal.It is not my topic to talk about it,but I am going to summarize it according to my own experience in learning English.Smart goal must be specific.As we said above,determine your purpose.It must be logical.For example,do not say that I want to study all sides of general English and academic English within one month . as a result,You would not achieve it ,so you would get frustrated.Realize your abilities and potential,and work depending on them.Third,It must be planned.For example,if you work on a book, organize your scheduled.You must know when you will reach your goal .
If you follow these steps ,that means you know what you exactly need such as time of learning and type of learning.
3) Test yourself
Before you start, you have to test your strengths and weakness points. why should you do that? If there was a person who is very good at writing, what would he benefit from learning it? The answer is nothing. He would waste his time. If you are bad at speaking, you have to work your weakness point. Therefore, determining your strengths and weak points will help you get advanced quickly.
4)Start !
Do not waste your time saying I will start tomorrow. Procrastination is your enemy. Start from now. Choose your material and your teacher carefully. Your teacher must know what you exactly need. Depend on yourself in learning; you will see your teacher about 6 hours a weak. That means you still have 162 hours. I know that a lot of learners work, and do not have much time, but I know you can save at least 30 minutes. The more time spent in learning, the more advanced you will get, but 30 minutes a day are enough if you are so busy.
5) Do not hesitate
If you determined your teacher, material, course, strengths and weakness points, purpose and your goal, never come back. Do not destruct yourself with many materials and teachers. When you start material, do not use another material until you finish the first because you will not finish both materials, so you will waste your time, and feel that you have not accomplished anything. you can check many materials, but when you find something which fits you, stick to it.
In conclusion,English is not difficult.Follow these steps when you start learning English,determine your purpose .set your goal according to your purpose.make a plan,and be logical.Do not hesitate and start from now.

