Causative Sentence (الجمله السببيه)





have,make,let,get,allow
 Causative Sentence





Causative Sentence (الجمله السببيه)

1)Usage

     We  use causative sentence  when we get someone to do something for us.That means I am not the person who does the action .It is someone else . Perhaps you know him ,or you do not know this person. The person who does the action is called Agent . If you know the agent,the sentence will be active. If you do not know him ,the sentence will be passive. 

الجمله السببيه هي جمله تستخدم عندما تريد ان توضح ان شخص ما قام بعمل شيء لك.اي انك لست الشخص الذي قام بالفعل .سواء كنت تعرف هذا الشخص او لا . فاذا كنت تعلمه فهذا يعني ان الجمله مبنيه للمعلوم واذا لم تعرف ستكون مبنيه للمجهول.


2)Formation 

     we use some verbs in this structure:

                     Have/Get/Allow/Permit/Make/Let

     Before talk about the formation, lets talk about the difference in the meaning between them.

Have  : I use it when I get someone to do something for me.
عندما يقوم شخص بعمل شيئ من اجلي.

Get : I use it when I want someone to do something difficult for me.
عندما يقوم الشخص بعمل شيئ  صعب بالنيابه عني

Make: we use it when we get someone to do something for us ,but we insist .It is the most stronger one.
نستخدمها عندما نريد ان يقوم شخص بعمل شيئ ما ونصر علي ذلك. 

Let:we use  it when we want to give a permission to someone to do something .
نستخدمها عندما نريد ان نعطي تصريح لشخص ما كي يقوم بشئ ما .


1)Have    

1)When the sentence is active,and we know the agent.

 Subject +Have +Agent+Infinitive verb+Object

عندما تكون الجمله مبنيه للمجهول نستخدم هذا التركيب.
Ex:

I have my sister clean my room everyday.

I had the carpenter fix the door yesterday.

She has had the chief cook the dinner.

2)When the sentence is passive.

 Subject +Have+ Object+p.p+(agent if it is existed)
عندما تكون الجمله مبنيه للمعلوم
Ex
I have my room cleaned.

I had the door fixed.

She has had the dinner cooked.


   Notice that verb to have must follow the tense of the sentence.
عند تحويل او كتابه الجمله يجب مراعه زمن الجمله 

Present simple :                             have/has
Past simple      :                             had
present continuous:                       be having
past continuous:                            was/were having
present perfect:                             have/has had
past perfect :                                  had had
present perfect continuous:           have/has been having
future simple:                                will have
future perfect:                                will have had
Future perfect continuous:             will have been having

2)Get

1)When the sentence is active,and we know the agent:
عندما تكون الجمله مبنسه للمعلوم والقائم بالحدث معروف نستخدم البناء الاتي.


Subject+Get+Agent+to +infinitive+Object
Ex:

I get Ahmed to fix my car.

I got a carpenter to make a window.

She gets her brother to do her assignment.

2)When the sentence is passive,we use the same formation used 
with Have.
عندما تكون الجمله مبنيه للمجهول نستخدم البناء الاتي.

Subject +Get+Object+P.P +(the agent if it is existed)


I get my car fixed.

She got her homework done.

She had got her assignment done.



This structure must follow the tense of the sentence as we do with verb to have above.
يجب مراعه زمن الجمله كما فعلنا مع   verb to have .

Notes:


Subject + Make+Agent+Infinitive+Object


Subject+Let +Agent+Infinitive 


sources for more rules:





























  







هذا أحدث موضوع
هذا أحدث موضوع
 
banner

Join us to learn new things about Emglish